CAC Smart Card Manager-90 – Is an enterprise based middleware that works with CAC, PIV, and Java smart cards. The middleware solution developed by 90meter utilizes the Microsoft OS platform to enable smart cards natively in the OS, thus enabling Next Generation Crypto (NGC). The CAC Smart Card Manager-90 has been designed to maximize security and performance by providing all of the features you need, and none of the features you dont. The CAC Smart Card Manager-90 minimizes CPU cycles and footprint while allowing users to switch between domains and utilize different applets on the card for authentication, signing and encrypting. Additional features include the ability to:
- Automatically set-up MS Outlook on the desktops to sign and encrypt email
- Limiting end user input, and help desk calls
- Install a simple DLL into the OS and the CAC/PIV smartcard becomes fully functional
- Push minimal middleware applications to limit end user inadvertent corruption
- Automatically publish Public certificates to the Global Address List (GAL).
- Immediate secure communication with GAL colleagues
- Implement and enforce the established enterprise PIN policy.
- Change it if you need more/less security
- Provide feedback to the user on the status of the card.