- Simplified CIV, PIV, and PIV-I deployment. Issue Commercial Identity Verification (CIV) compliant smart cards out-of-the-box with ActivID CMS. CIV cards are designed for the commercial market and follow the same FIPS 201 standard as Personal Identity Verification (PIV) and PIV-I cards issued to US federal employees and contractors, but for the commercial market. Once issued, CIV cards work with a large number of systems and applications are interoperable with the PIV standard.
- PACS integration with pivCLASS® IDPublisher and MultiPACS. Issue PIV, PIV-I and CIV cards with ActivID CMS and automatically push credential information to their physical access control system (PACS), enabling users to use their card to authenticate at the door without the need to re-enroll their card again. PACS access is also deactivated when the card is reported lost or stolen or terminated in ActivID CMS.
- Support for FARGO® printers. Using Asure ID® card personalization software, HID Global is offers the only one-stop shop for complete smart card personalization and printing.
- Enhanced Certificate Authority (CA) support. ActivID CMS supports an extended range of Certificate Authorities for issuing PKI certificates on smart cards, including new CAs such as Opentrust™ Enterprise PKI, Symantec™ Managed PKI v8 and Verizon™ UniCERT® with UPI.
- Inclusion of new workflows in the ActivID CMS User and Operator Portals. More flexibility to work with mobile devices and enable organizations to comply with their security policies.
- Support for the latest environments. ActivID CMS 4.3 supports the latest technologies, such as Microsoft® Windows® 10, Oracle® 12c and smart cards compliant with the GlobalPlatform™ Secure Channel Protocol 3.
PROVEN CREDENTIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TO SECURELY DEPLOY SMART CARDS AND USB TOKENS
HID Global’s ActivID® Credential Management System (CMS) provides organizations comprehensive, highly configurable solutions to meet their unique needs. With HID Global, organizations can establish trust in the identity of users to securely manage access to all their networks, PCs, in-house, public and private cloud applications, building facilities, and other resources.
Organizations evolving towards industry standard (X.509) digital, certificate-based smart cards or smart USB tokens can trust the HID Global portfolio to support their changing requirements. HID Global delivers the technology expertise organizations need, from the reader, smart cards and card printers to the authentication software and PACS integration to conveniently and cost-effectively deploy a complete smart ID card solution. The ActivID CMS enables organizations to easily replace traditional user names and passwords with digital identities. Organizations can quickly and securely issue and manage smart cards and smart USB tokens containing a variety of credentials, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates, one-time passwords (OTPs), biometrics and demographic data. Organizations can also securely manage a large number of end users, in heterogeneous, dispersed locations, and update their credentials at any point in their life cycle.
The ActivID CMS includes the following features and capabilities:
- Customizable workflows and policies that readily adapt to a variety of environments and deployment scenarios
- Tamper-evident audit features that log all event activities for reporting
- Extensibility to support batch and service bureau issuance models
- Unique, patented post-issuance update capabilities
- Web-based self service
- Web-based help desk administration
- Extensible plug-in capability, which allows organizations to extend and customize the product feature set
- Integration with physical access control systems to seamlessly manage credentials for physical and logical access
Securely manage smartcard and smart USB tokens
Combined with HID Global Crescendo® smart cards, OMNIKEY® smart card readers, FARGO® card printers, Asure ID® card personalization software and pivCLASS® software solution for PACS in PIV environments, HID is the only vendor offering a complete solution to create, manage and use PKI smart cards for both logical and physical access.
ACTIVID CREDENTIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM THIRD-PARTY INTEROPERABILITY with systems including those from: Entrust, IBM®, Lenel®, Microsoft®, NetIQ®, OpenTrust™, Oracle®, Safenet®, Symantec®, Thales®, Red Hat®, Verizon® Business
ACTIVID CREDENTIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BENEFITS
- Increase security and reduce fraud with a single platform capable of issuing and managing HID Global devices and credentials
- Capability to address a broad range of organizational requirements out-ofthe-box as part of the Classic Edition; advanced functionality available via the Advanced Edition
- Unique, patented post-issuance update capabilities that allow organizations to extend the lifetime of authentication devices, offering substantial cost-savings and productivity enhancements
- Proven technology that numerous security-minded organizations have leveraged to issue hundreds of millions of credentials
- Compliance with stringent U.S. Federal government Personal Identity Verification (PIV) standards
- Easy integration with a wide variety of operating systems, directories, front or backend identity management and provisioning systems, certificate authorities, and physical access control systems
BMS (Batch Management System)
Streamline the time-consuming personalization and encoding of smart cards with BMS (Batch Management System).
- Enables local batch issuance as an alternative to leveraging a service bureau
- Supports Oberthur service bureau with FIPS 201-2 compliance
- Interoperable with FARGO® printers using the Asure ID® card personalization software
- Supports the latest environments such as Windows Server® 2012 / 2012 R2, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, Oracle® 11g R2 and 12c