OTP tokens generate random passwords that cannot be re-used. End users gain access to resources by possession of the OTP token and knowledge of a secret, in this case a PIN number. The end user experience is as simple as using an ATM machine and provides far stronger security than a static password. All HID Global’s OTP Tokens support the Initiative for Open Authentication (OATH) standards.
The HID line of One-Time Password (OTP) Tokens include:
- OTP Pocket Tokens: portable, durable device designed for highly mobile users
- OTP Mini Tokens: designed for high-volume deployments, its ideal for consumer and employee authentication; its a waterproof device, with options for customized logos and case colors.
- OTP Desktop Tokens: larger display face and buttons simplify PIN entry and reduce eye strain, making it ideal for home or office use.
- OTP One Tokens: popular for employee authentication because its keypad provides support for PIN unlock and challenge/response authentication.
- OTP Keychain Tokens: compact, durable package make it convenient for employee authentication.
With HID, organizations have One-Time Password (OTP) Tokens that:
- Enhance Security goes beyond static passwords, enabling multi-factor authentication to increase confidence in online transactions.
- Protect Investments with support for the One-Time Password (OTP) Smart Card applet to provide a smooth path to deploying Smart Cards in the future.
- Increase Productivity easy for users to carry and simple to use with a convenient, ATM-like experience that ensures they have the anytime, anywhere access they need.