About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID Global Receives Industry Accolade for New Cloud-based ID Issuance and Personalization Solution October 17, 2017HID FARGO Connect Cuts the Cord Between Printers and Dedicated PCs for a New Way to Create and Securely Issue IDs
- HID Global Wins New Product of the Year Award for Its IoT Solutions that Help Optimize Operations and Building Management October 13, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, September 27, 2017 – HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced it has received the Product of the Year award from Security Today magazine in the category of Cloud Services for its HID Location Services platform.
- HID Global Boosts Security While Reducing Total Cost of Ownership With Latest Direct-to-Card™ Printer/Encoder October 10, 2017Dubai, UAE, October 9, 2017 – (Hall 6 MAC6-35): HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today unveiled the latest in its Direct-to-Card (DTC) printer/encoder line, bringing new convenience and security features to its proven entry-level offering while further reducing ID card printing expenses for cost-conscious organizations. The company is demonstrating the DTC1500 […]
- HID Global to Focus on Transforming Secure Digital Transactions with HID Approve at GITEX 2017 October 10, 2017Dubai, UAE, October 3, 2017 – (Hall 6 MAC6-35): HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, has announced its participation at GITEX 2017, and will utilise its presence to launch its next generation multi-factor authentication tool the HID Approve™ app. The app adds a new level of trust for consumers and employees to […]
- HID Global Names Top Identification and Sensing Technology Drivers Transforming the Industrial and Commercial Landscape September 27, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, September 27, 2017 -- HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, has been at the forefront of helping organizations around the world to streamline processes by securely connecting equipment, devices, inventory, and many other assets to local and web-based business applications. The company draws upon its market insights from deploying identification and […]