About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID’s IdenTrust Named Fastest-growing Certification Authority of the Year February 7, 2018AUSTIN, Texas, February 7, 2018 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that the power-rankings for Web technologies of the year, based on independent research conducted by the technology survey company W3Techs, have identified IdenTrust® as the fastest-growing digital certification authority in the world. HID Global2018-02-07
- Tanzania Selects HID Global to Deliver e-Immigration Solution and Electronic Passports January 31, 2018AUSTIN, Texas, January 31, 2018 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that the government of Tanzania has selected HID as its prime supplier for an end-to-end solution for issuing electronic passports as part of Tanzania’s transformative e-Immigration programme. HID Global2018-01-31
- HID Global Voices Support for Electronic Prescriptions at FDA Committee Hearing to Address Opioid Abuse Crisis January 30, 2018AUSTIN, Texas, January 30, 2018 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, shared its expertise in electronic prescriptions at this week’s opioid policy hearing that was conducted by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). HID is urging policymakers to address the opioid abuse crisis in the United States by linking electronic prescriptions […]
- HID Global Supports Facial Recognition with HID Approve Mobile Authentication Platform, Plans to Add Risk-based Analytics January 17, 2018AUSTIN, Texas, January 17, 2018 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity managment solutions, today announced that its HID Approve™ two-factor mobile authentication and verification platform now supports Apple’s iPhone X Face ID facial recognition system. The company expects facial recognition to play an increasingly important role in its authentication offering, combined with […]
- HID Global Rolls Out Next-Generation Credential Management System Capabilities for Virtual Smart Cards, Derived Credentials & Cloud Deployment January 17, 2018AUSTIN, Texas, January 15, 2018 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced a new version of its Credential Management System (CMS) that digitizes smart card technology, expands the use of digital certificates in credentials and reaches new platforms that plastic cards don’t reach. The new ActivID® CMS 5.0 makes it […]