About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID Global Partners with Infineon Technologies (IFX) to Enhance Card Flexibility for e-ID/Smart Card Manufacturers February 21, 2017News Highlights: Partnership with Infineon Technologies AG to incorporate secure microcontroller chips in new HID Global ultra-thin Polycarbonate (PC) ePrelaminate inlay solution. Ultra-thin PC ePrelaminate inlay is ideal for electronic ID (e-ID) cards and is more than 30 percent thinner than other alternatives, freeing space for added security features. Leverages patented HID DBond™ (Direct Bonding) […]
- HID Global Shares Identity Technology Trends that are Anchoring Today’s Connected Health Transformation February 21, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, February 21, 2017 -- A shift in how trusted identities are used across the healthcare continuum is fueling the demand for advanced smart card technologies and mobile solutions, as healthcare institutions become more connected. The new focus on ID technology is changing how institutions operate, how they manage access to patients, data and […]
- HID Global Provides Advanced Software for the Largest Employee Smart Card Deployment in the World February 17, 2017HID Global helps secure government networks and personnel with state-of-the-art desktop software for identity, credentialing and access management
- Nemours Children’s Health System Selects HID Global Solution for Electronic Prescriptions of Controlled Substances to Enhance Their Patient Experience February 14, 2017News Highlights:
- Star India Deploys HID Mobile Access to Improve Security and User Experience for 2,500 Employees at Their Corporate Headquarters February 9, 2017News Highlights: