About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID Global launches IoT Solutions to Offer Organizations a New Level of Asset Management and Equipment Monitoring May 9, 2017Company adds Item Management to its HID Location Services and launches new HID Condition Monitoring Services that analyze equipment performance and health
- HID Global Adds Trust to Online Transactions and Digital Access with HID Approve Mobile App May 2, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, May 2, 2017 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced a new app, HID Approve™, which turns a mobile device into a handheld validation device or “authenticator” that verifies online access and transaction requests, such as digital banking transactions or corporate VPN access. HID Approve adds a new […]
- HID Global Introduces Tamper Evident Tag That Confidently Verifies the Integrity of Sealed Items for RFID Applications May 1, 2017Seal Tag edTamper allows detection of broken seals via Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for sensitive or highly secure applications
- HID Global Wins Govies Award For a “First” in Identity and Access Management April 26, 2017Austin, April 19, 2017 - HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has won Security Products Magazine’s 2017 Govies Award in the category of User Authentication, Identification, Credentialing and Management. HID scored highest with a converged solution that is the first to enable end-to-end identity and access management (IAM) […]
- HID Global’s Seos Smart Cards and HID Mobile Access Bring Convenience, Security and the Mobile ID “Cool” Factor to Major U.S. University April 21, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, April 20, 2017 -- HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced a major U.S. university selected its Seos® smart cards and HID Mobile Access® solution to streamline card office operations, simplify the management and use of trusted IDs, and offer the “cool” factor to students using phones for accessing […]