About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID Global Helps Create a Safer Learning Environment for Students, Faculty and Staff at Cervantes High School in Mexico July 18, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, July 19, 2017 -- HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that its mobile access and advanced smart card offering were selected by Cervantes High School in Guadalajara, Mexico to help create a safer learning environment.
- The Indonesian National Civil Service Agency Uses HID Global Solutions to Produce Smart Cards for All Active and Retired Civil Servants July 12, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, July 5, 2017 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has been selected by the State Employment Agency of Indonesia, Badan Kepegawaian Negara (BKN), to provide the smart card printers for printing the smart cards of Indonesian civil servants. The smart cards, named the Kartu PNS […]
- HID Global Announces National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) Designation for its Quantum Secure SAFE Software July 11, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, July 11, 2017 – Amid rising concerns about security threats at stadiums and arenas where sports and entertainment events take place, HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that its Quantum Secure SAFE Sports and Events Access Manager has earned the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security […]
- HID Global Acquires Arjo Systems to Expand Its Government ID Business with Physical and Digital Identity Solutions July 3, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, July 4, 2017 – HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has acquired Arjo Systems SAS, a provider of physical and digital identity solutions for secure government ID applications. Arjo Systems gives HID Global broader capabilities to deploy electronic identification (eID) and ePassport solutions for government programs.
- Axis Launches First Integrated, Open, IP-based Mobile Access Control Solution with HID Global June 22, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, June 21, 2017 – Axis Communications, the market leader in network video, has integrated HID Global’s Mobile Access with its AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller and AXIS Entry Manager software at IFSEC International 2017, which takes place from June 20-22 at London ExCeL. The Axis and HID mobile access control solution meets business […]