About HID (Formerly ActivIdentity)
HID Global is the trusted leader in providing access and ID management solutions for the delivery of secure identity.
HID Global is focused on creating customer value worldwide with technology-based access solutions, issuance solutions, embedded technology solutions and logistics technology solutions.
As a leading manufacturer of secure identity solutions and contactless smart card technology for physical access control, HID is selected more than any other brand in the convergence of physical and logical access control. In addition, the company develops, manufactures and markets ID components, products and services typically deployed with national ID and e-passport programs, corporate access control, supply chain management, animal tagging, financial transactions, transport and various industrial or manufacturing solutions.
Federal agencies must upgrade existing physical and logical access control systems to use PIV credentials prior to the agency using development and technology refresh funds to complete other activities. The ActivEntry solution allows government agencies to retro-fit and upgrade their current Physical Access Control System (PACS) for use with PIV, TWIC, CAC and other government issued identity credentials.
Agencies can avoid the costly rip and replacement of their current PACS infrastructure by augmenting their existing PACS software, panels and door controllers. The ActivEntry module is simply installed between any existing PACS panel and a supported card or biometric reader.
The ActivEntry solution is the only solution on the market that delivers the complete FIPS 201 and SP 800-116 compliance the industry demands!
The ActivEntry products include the following features and capabilities:
- Support for extensive list of government credentials and authentication mechanisms
- Standards-based inter-agency / inter-company path discovery and validation (OCSP/ SCVP)
- Support for a range of commercially available readers with various combinations of contactless, contact, PIN, and fingerprint features
- Enables re-use of existing wiring for serial connection to supported readers
- Functions offline if communication with the ActivEntry Manager is interrupted
– PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I)
– PIV-Compatible (PIV-C)
– Legacy CAC
– Common Access Card – EP
- HID Global Wins Govies Award For a “First” in Identity and Access Management April 26, 2017Austin, April 19, 2017 - HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has won Security Products Magazine’s 2017 Govies Award in the category of User Authentication, Identification, Credentialing and Management. HID scored highest with a converged solution that is the first to enable end-to-end identity and access management (IAM) […]
- HID Global’s Seos Smart Cards and HID Mobile Access Bring Convenience, Security and the Mobile ID “Cool” Factor to Major U.S. University April 21, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, April 20, 2017 -- HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced a major U.S. university selected its Seos® smart cards and HID Mobile Access® solution to streamline card office operations, simplify the management and use of trusted IDs, and offer the “cool” factor to students using phones for accessing […]
- Government Agency in Dubai Selects HID Global Solutions to Open Doors with Smart Cards, Smartphones and Wearables April 17, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, March 29, 2017 -- HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has been selected by Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment (MRHE) to upgrade its access control solutions. The company has deployed Seos smart cards and HID Mobile Access®, making it possible for MRHE employees to use a […]
- HID Location Services for Workforce Optimization Wins Prestigious SIA New Product Showcase Award April 6, 2017New Indoor and Outdoor Positioning Services Leverage IoT Technology to Help Organizations Manage Their Workforce and Buildings More Efficiently
- HID Global’s New Indoor Positioning Services For Workforce Optimization Is Recognized with Industry Award at ISC West April 5, 2017AUSTIN, Texas, April 5, 2017 – HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced it has received the Most Valuable Product (MVP) award from Security Sales & Integration (SSI) magazine for its new HID Location Services solution that was unveiled at ISC West 2017. The company’s new solution for workforce optimization provides […]